Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Coach Simmons and I’m the owner and operator of the Legends of Sports Consultants, LLC. I’ve been involved in youth sports most of my adult life and have been involved in coaching, mentoring, educating, developing, promoting, managing sporting events to include designing and implementing strength programs for Track & Field and Football. I was instrumental in implementing a Developmental Football Program with proven long term success.
I developed my skill-sets from years of coaching and learning from coaches at all levels, studying the game and listening.
I coached, played and promoted several events early on my career and here are just a few:
- Managed and Coached the DARE Youth Baseball Team Softball,
- Coach/Player Recreational and Competitive
- As a Board of Director Member for Aurora Baseball Incorporation I promoted and implemented softball tournaments for fund raising
- Coached and Event Coordinator for Weightlifting Tournaments
- Event Coordinator for two major Golf Tournaments
- I’ve been involved in several charitable events as an Event Coordinator
- I also played organized full contact football for two years, in The Centurion Bowl event, involving Arapahoe County Law Enforcement against Jefferson County Law Enforcement.
I became a Certified Personal Trainer from The Cooper Institution of Aerobics. I then became a Personal Trainer for numerous individuals in weight training competition. I not only trained athletes for powerlifting but powerlifted myself. I’m currently certified as a Powerlifting Coach through the United States Powerlifting Association.
After recognizing that the youth sporting industry needed someone to help provide an environment in which coaches, athletes and parents are exposed to a great developmental experience. I created the Legends of Sports Consultants. Our first of its kind Developmental Football Clinic designed for specific skill positions with Coaches that were hand pick for their skill-sets and communication skills with youth and parents. Several educational classes for parents during the DFC.
We started to promote and manage sporting events and training programs to expose athletes and parents to coaches that knew how to develop players by building a foundation for success.
After starting the Legend of Sports Consultants my involvement in sports consist of:
- Being hired as an event manager and coach for;
- Denver Broncos 7on7, Combine, Linemen Challenge, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- USAA/IMG Denver Broncos Military Appreciation Combine, 2015
- USAA/IMG Washington Redskins Military Appreciation Combine, 2015
- Denver Broncos US Bank Appreciation Combine, 2017
My involvement in youth sports started back in for 1980’s, but recent sporting coaching experience were;
- Football: Coached
- Offense and Defense Line Coach for the Parker Hawks 2011, 2012, 2013
- Offense Line Cherry Creek Red Nations 2015
- Coached FBU Tryouts, 2014, 2015
- Assistant Offensive Line Coach for FBU, 2014, 2015
- Head Coach for FBU, 2015
- Baseball: Coached
- Assistant Coach Parker Stallions
- Assistant Coach Parker Colts
- High School Coach:
- Varsity Defensive Line Coach, 2016
- Track & Field, Throwers 2017
- Thrower Strength Coach 2017
- Offensive Line Coach, 2017
- Assist Special Teams Coach, 2019
- Assistant Head Coach 2018, 2019, 2020
- Strength Coach 2018 and 2019
At the end of the 2017 high school football season the Head Coach and I created and implemented a true developmental football program consisting of hiring a coaching staff that understood how to develop athletes and that could do that through training, education and developing a communication channel for parents among other items. (For more detail of the Developmental Football Program check out the articles at:)
One of the key components to a successful Developmental Football Program was to create an off-season strength program. This program consisted of a partnership between the Strength & Conditioning Coach and a Powerlifting Coach which was designed to make our players stronger, bigger, faster and mobile. We created an after-school weightlifting program that made our players stronger and bigger while the S&C Coach worked on the speed, mobility and flexibility during school. One important factor that we learned was how our players started trusting, pushing and developing a work ethic that translated to a winning attitude on the field and eventually lead to the playoffs.